Alliant’s Foundation Donates Nearly $200,000 in FY 2012
August 20, 2012 | Alliant Credit Union
For the third consecutive fiscal year since being established in mid 2009, Alliant Credit Union Foundation donated approximately $200,000 during its recently completed FY 2012.
This contribution total was announced by Foundation Chairman and Alliant Credit Union President & CEO Dave Mooney. The 501c3 Foundation was established through a $4 million grant from Alliant Credit Union. Both the Foundation and credit union are based near Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.
Foundation Vice President Wayne Rosenwinkel added, "The purpose of our Foundation is to promote economic empowerment and self-sufficiency of people, especially in the communities where Alliant Credit Union members and employees live and work." Causes eligible for Foundation financial support include: 1) Those related to education, with an emphasis on financial literacy; 2) Charities helping those in need of assistance; 3) Investment in community development projects and programs, especially those in underserved areas.
Following is a partial list of organizations receiving Foundation grants during its recently completed Fiscal Year:
• Operation HOPE, a national organization that promotes financial literacy and economic opportunity among minorities and others
• Hadley School for the Blind, an international educator of the visually impaired
• Foster Care to Success, which provides educational financial aid and other assistance to young people aging out of the foster care system
• Prescott Elementary School, Chicago, by providing school supplies for all students and reading books for Prescott's Family Book Program
• United Airlines Foundation, by helping to fund Fantasy Flight holiday festivities for seriously ill children at airport terminals across the country
• Special Olympics, which provides year-round sports activities for people with intellectual disabilities
• March of Dimes, which works to improve the health of babies by preventing birth defects, premature birth and infant mortality
Alliant's Foundation also held a "Make It Count" charity campaign on Facebook, enabling Alliant members and others to vote on how the Foundation should divide $40,000 in grants among four charities that were selected.
Many of the Foundation's beneficiaries are charities suggested by Alliant Credit Union employees who have been affected by causes being supported. In addition, the Foundation has a Matching Donations Program, which matches individual Alliant Credit Union employees' charitable donations up to $200 per year. The Foundation also initiated its 2012 Grant a Grant Program for Alliant employees. Under this special, one-year program, every Alliant employee may arrange for the Alliant Credit Union Foundation to send $50 to the qualified charity of their choice.
"We look forward to our Foundation making additional contributions that provide support to charitable organizations and other worthy causes, enhancing the quality of life in communities we serve," Mr. Mooney added.
© 2012 Alliant Credit Union. All Rights Reserved.